Holidays are a time for family and gratitude. For family members who we see only a few times a year, it can be hard for them to understand our unique…Read More
Learning about and understanding my son’s diagnosis has changed who we are as individuals, as parents, and as a family. I’m sure it has for you, too. Above all, it…Read More
Your calendar is coordinated to keep track of appointments for your adult child with special needs. Your to-do list includes researching programs that you’ve heard of or meeting with an…Read More
This week, our son Jack returned to school after 6 months of medical leave. In November 2016 he developed an infection that led to PANDAS (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections). As time…Read More
There is judgment that comes with being a parent. There is judgment that comes with being a parent of child with special needs; a child who continually throws sand at…Read More
- Autism Supports: Where Do I Start?
- A note to caregivers making tough choices
- Who has time for respite, anyway?
- What is Medicaid and how do I apply for my family member?
- Sometimes I hate social media
- Finding Connection and Community as a Parent of a Child with a Disability
- How to encourage Self-Advocacy
- Does my child qualify for special education services?
- New Tools to Answer your Questions about Transition to Adulthood
- Introducing the Autism Guide: An Interview with the Flutie Foundation