As parents at Exceptional Lives, when we write our Guides for parents, we imagine ourselves in your shoes. We remember what it was like early on in our school journey…Read More
No one knows your child better than you! This is why you are key to finding the right supports and activities that are most likely to help your child thrive.…Read More
Learning about and understanding my son’s diagnosis has changed who we are as individuals, as parents, and as a family. I’m sure it has for you, too. Above all, it…Read More
Searching online for ’Should I medicate my child?’ yields about 1,880,000 results. If you are like me, you skim the headlines and maybe click on a few, trying to discern…Read More
1. You are an expert in your child You know your child best. You have watched your child grow, tracked milestones, and sought help when your parental instinct told you…Read More
The Respond, Innovate, Succeed Empower (“RISE”) Act is a piece of legislation that, if it becomes law, will make college more accessible for students with disabilities, especially those who have…Read More
- Autism Supports: Where Do I Start?
- A note to caregivers making tough choices
- Who has time for respite, anyway?
- What is Medicaid and how do I apply for my family member?
- Sometimes I hate social media
- Finding Connection and Community as a Parent of a Child with a Disability
- How to encourage Self-Advocacy
- Does my child qualify for special education services?
- New Tools to Answer your Questions about Transition to Adulthood
- Introducing the Autism Guide: An Interview with the Flutie Foundation