There are things you can do to keep them safe. Here’s what you can do: Use visual supports, like a social story or checklist. These can help teach your child not to…Read More
As our friends down south enter hurricane season, here are some tips to help your family prepare. In any emergency, we must make sure all individuals with disabilities have a…Read More
As parents at Exceptional Lives, when we write our Guides for parents, we imagine ourselves in your shoes. We remember what it was like early on in our school journey…Read More
Exceptional Lives: A free disability information platform for families, caregivers, and professionals
Whether you’ve seen our posts, met us at a conference, listened to a presentation, or maybe received a link to this post from a trusted friend, welcome! We would like…Read More
- Letter to Mica’s class
- Unwritten IEP Goals
- “Please don’t climb the curtains”
- How to Keep it Together: A Guide
- Does your child sometimes wander away and get lost?
- Emergency Plan for Families with a Child with a Disability in 2019
- Let’s be #mightytogether
- Tips to stay sane and be a good caregiver
- Autism Supports: Where Do I Start?
- A note to caregivers making tough choices