SSI is Supplemental Security Income. Learn about how this federal benefit can help your family, and how to apply for either a child or adult.
SSI is a monthly cash benefit. It’s for people with disabilities who have low income, to help pay for basic needs like food, clothes and housing. We’ll show you how to see if your child or adult family member qualifies for SSI. If so, we’ll walk you through the application process and see what other benefits you may qualify for.
We can’t guarantee that you’ll get SSI, but we’ll help you decide if you should apply and then show you how.
This Guide will help you:
- Learn about the benefits SSI can offer
- See if your family member is likely to qualify
- Fill out the forms and apply
- Learn about other benefits like Medicaid, SNAP (food stamps), TANF (welfare) and LIHEAP (home energy assistance)
- Connect with people to answer your questions
Like all our free Guides, the Exceptional Lives SSI Benefits Guide is written in plain, easy-to-understand language. Click the button below to get started!