There are things you can do to keep them safe. Here’s what you can do: Use visual supports, like a social story or checklist. These can help teach your child not to…Read More
Exceptional Lives: A free disability information platform for families, caregivers, and professionals
Whether you’ve seen our posts, met us at a conference, listened to a presentation, or maybe received a link to this post from a trusted friend, welcome! We would like…Read More
Learning about and understanding my son’s diagnosis has changed who we are as individuals, as parents, and as a family. I’m sure it has for you, too. Above all, it…Read More
Planning for your adult child with disabilities involves thinking about how she or he can live their best full life in the community. If your child needs both a place…Read More
- Letter to Mica’s class
- Unwritten IEP Goals
- “Please don’t climb the curtains”
- How to Keep it Together: A Guide
- Does your child sometimes wander away and get lost?
- Emergency Plan for Families with a Child with a Disability in 2019
- Let’s be #mightytogether
- Tips to stay sane and be a good caregiver
- Autism Supports: Where Do I Start?
- A note to caregivers making tough choices