Holidays are a time for family and gratitude. For family members who we see only a few times a year, it can be hard for them to understand our unique…Read More
As I mentioned in this recent post, giving time to your special needs child’s siblings each day is important. But what happens when emergency strikes? How do you balance time with…Read More
Join the North Suburban YMCA and Exceptional Lives for a special Pilot Training Session. Parents and professionals will join YMCA staff to learn more about Exceptional Lives’ free, easy-to-use Guides…Read More
February 26, 2017 — 12-4pm Hosted by the autism nonprofit organization, Autism Sprinter, this movie-themed dance formal invites those with autism and their families for an afternoon of fun. This…Read More
Jane Hannafin, MS, OTR/L, RYT is the director of Skills for Life, a program of the Ivy Street School. In this post, she shares her thoughts on the pressing need…Read More
- How to Stay Sane: A Guide for Parents and Providers.
- Does your child sometimes wander away and get lost?
- Emergency Plan for Families with a Child with a Disability in 2019
- Let’s be #mightytogether
- Tips to stay sane and be a good caregiver
- Autism Supports: Where Do I Start?
- A note to caregivers making tough choices
- Who has time for respite, anyway?
- What is Medicaid and how do I apply for my family member?
- Sometimes I hate social media