No one knows your child better than you! This is why you are key to finding the right supports and activities that are most likely to help your child thrive.…Read More
Last week, I looked into a soccer program for my son. It has been a couple of years since we’ve tried community sports programs and I wondered, “Is he ready?”…Read More
I dare you to watch this trailer for the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Games and not feel motivated, encouraged or proud. And maybe a little taken over by emotion recognizing all…Read More
There is a continuum of placement options available for your child. To recap, the spirit of the IDEA law is that the school places your child in the least restrictive…Read More
Jane Hannafin, MS, OTR/L, RYT is the director of Skills for Life, a program of the Ivy Street School. In this post, she shares her thoughts on the pressing need…Read More
- Letter to Mica’s class
- Unwritten IEP Goals
- “Please don’t climb the curtains”
- How to Keep it Together: A Guide
- Does your child sometimes wander away and get lost?
- Emergency Plan for Families with a Child with a Disability in 2019
- Let’s be #mightytogether
- Tips to stay sane and be a good caregiver
- Autism Supports: Where Do I Start?
- A note to caregivers making tough choices