This past week, our family traveled from Boston, MA to Atlanta, GA. We made our way south and back by plane, train, bus, and car…and lived to tell the tale! Traveling with a special needs child can feel overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some useful tips to make your travels smooth sailing this summer.
Free, easy-to-use resources.
Find the best benefits and services for
children and young adults with disabilities.
Exceptional Lives SSI Guide
SSI is Supplemental Security Income. It’s a monthly cash benefit for people with disabilities who have low income and few resources. It helps pay for basic needs like food, clothes and housing. This SSI Benefits Guide will show you:
- If your child or adult family member qualifies
- How to apply
- What other federal and state benefits you may qualify for
Stay tuned for upcoming Exceptional Lives Guides, which show you what to do and how to apply for benefits, services and support, including:
- What to Do When Your Child is Diagnosed with Autism
- Getting Special Education Services from the School System
- How to Get the Most from Health Insurance
- How to Support the Transition to Adulthood
- Employment: How to Prepare for Getting a Job