Exceptional Families Engagement Hub
Our Family Engagement Hub equips schools and families for partnership supporting students with disabilities. Learn how we can help you.
Exceptional Lives is the only program that equips parents and schools for a collaborative and informed partnership that is 100% focused on students with disabilities.
When informed parents partner with dedicated educators, every student with a disability can make progress.
The Exceptional Families Engagement Hub is a comprehensive one-stop-shop that combines localized and national resources, on-demand support, family education, and personalized paths no matter where a child is in their education journey.
Exceptional Lives helps you deliver a new level of support by incorporating family and school needs assessments as part of an overall robust implementation process and a continuous cycle of outreach, evaluation, and improvements.
See Results with an Exceptional Families Engagement Hub Personalized for Your Local Community:
- Teachers spend more time on instruction and less time supporting parents
- Parents understand what the system can offer and are able to communicate their children’s needs effectively with the school
- Student with disabilities get the support they need for a positive learning experience, and great educational outcomes
Every Exceptional Families Engagement Hub includes:
- Multi-media parent information experiences and on-demand family education (much of it in both English and Spanish) customized for your District
- A Localized Disability Services Finder
- Expert wrap-around family support
Ready to learn more? Contact us!
Multi-media parent information experiences and on-demand family education
These resources offer support for families at each of the major inflection points and reflect your local laws, policies, and language.
New Diagnosis or No Diagnosis
You may be asking yourself: is my child different? If you’re worried about your child’s development, here are 6 things you can do.
What does it mean if your child is a late bloomer? Hear the stages of child development and the questions you can ask yourself about developmental delays. Narrated by Christina Kozik; Written by Julie McIsaac
What are Early Intervention services? If you’re worried that your baby or toddler isn’t meeting milestones, EI can help. Here’s how.
How do I partner with the school to support my child? School communication tips for parents and caregivers
What does it mean to partner with the school to support your child? Here are our best tips for parent-school communication.
4 Essential Parts of a Great IEP Goal For Your Child With Special Needs By Dr. Howard, Professor & Board Member of the Federation of Children With Special Needs
What is the transition to adulthood for youth with disabilities? If your student has an IEP, here’s how to plan your teen’s move to life after high school.
If your child has a disability, it might be hard to envision how they will transition to adulthood. Here’s how to set them up with the support they need for adult life.
Searchable resource directory
Localized Disability Services Finder
Each DSF is customized and carefully maintained for each district and community served to expand resources to support children and families beyond the school walls. This makes it easier for families to find what they need, and relieves the burden from teachers and staff for helping families find these services
By ZIP code, distance, insurance, type of service, and languages spoken.
Intuitive & easy to use
Accessible in both English & Spanish
Review of every record
Years experience serving families
"We have had a LOT of great feedback [since you presented for our special education team] about how helpful this information was for them in the field. They didnʼt know these resources existed, so it will definitely impact our schools for the better."
-Special Education Administrator, Louisiana
"Live chat was so helpful. They answered my question quickly and directed me to helpful resources. Your customer support is great!"
-Parent via User Support
Expert, Wrap-Around Family Support
Live Chat Helpline
Our team members – themselves parents of children with disabilities – are available via chat, text, or phone to answer questions like:
- Who do I talk with if my child’s IEP doesn’t seem to be helping?
- How can I find an Occupational Therapist or Developmental Pediatrician that takes my insurance?
- What should I do if I think my child has a learning disability?
- How do I find an employment program for my student with disabilities who is about to finish high school?
- My child’s pediatrician doesn’t think there’s anything to worry about, but I’m still concerned. What should I do next?
- The doctor mentioned my child might be able to get Medicaid. How do I figure out if she’s eligible?
- … And so much more!
Learn how Exceptional Lives can help you!
Interested in learning more about Exceptional Lives services? Use the form below and someone will be in touch.
- No spam, ever.
- We won't sell or share your information.
- By submitting this form, you consent to be contacted by a member of our team.