Early Intervention (EI) is a program through which children who qualify can receive services until their third birthday. Once your child turns three, the local school system will become your child’s service provider if they still qualify. The process of moving from EI to the school system is often called transition.
Find resources and easy-to-read information for parents and caregivers of children and young adults with disabilities.
How does it work?
Exceptional Lives is a not—for-profit organization that helps people with disabilities. Our goal is to show you how to find and apply for benefits and services to get you or your child the support they need.
Interactive Resource DirectoryThe Resource Directory helps you find therapists, programs and support services near you.
- Therapies like ABA, speech, OT and PT
- Parent and caregiver support
- Transition services for high school students and young adults
- Vocational training and employment support
- Social and recreational activities