Tests given to all students to check their progress in school. Students with disabilities may need accommodations for these tests, which should be written in the IEP or 504 Plan. Certain students may need alternate assessments, depending on their disability. Your state’s grade level performance assessments may have different names, like MCAS in Massachusetts, or LEAP 2025 in Louisiana. More about assessments in special education or about assessments for high school students.